Monday, October 26, 2009

CHOCOLATE CHEESE BUTTER CAKE


I love anything in chocolate, and I love anything in cheese....so, when the Twins (Daniel & Dylan) picked this cake recipe from my cookbook (I Love Butter Cake by Kevin Chai) and ask me to bake for them to bring go school, I willingly nodded with a smile and knew it sounds good and it should taste good too.........what can be 'not' good when a chocolate and cheese comes together in one? Moreover this recipe calls for white chocolate....hmm, from the sound of it already makes me salivating.....LOL ^-^
So, to cut it short,  the cake turn out really good, I meant "really GOOD" , I say it again :)
I would really encourage you to try it if you love chocolate and cheese combination like I do.......it's really delicious, and you know what? ............from the moment you put the cake into the oven to bake.....the whole kitchen is perfumed with 'White Chocolate and Butter' aroma.............suprisingly, not cheese though, and when you slice the cake, you can still see the white chocolate chunks in almost every piece of the cake....the cheese and butter blended in so well, each piece is rich and moist and very filling too, so what are you waiting for... ..hahaha, Happy 'Chocolate Cheese Butter Cake Baking!

CHOCOLATE CHEESE BUTTER CAKE

Ingredients

200gm butter, softened at room temperatue

175gm caster sugar ( I used only 120gm, but still finds it a bit sweet, maybe 80 -100gm will be just nice)

3 eggs

180gm plain flour (I used Self-raising flour, therefore I omitted the baking powder)

20gm milk powder

½ tsp baking powder

100gm white chocolate – diced

100gm cream cheese – diced

50gm white chocolate chips – for topping

Method:
  1. Grease and line baking pan; pre-heat oven to 180~C.
  2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
  3. Fold in sifted flour, milk powder and baking. Then add in white chocolate and cream cheese, mix until well blended.
  4. Spoon batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top. Bake in oven for 30 minutes – 40 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake. Enjoy!
Happy Baking!

    No comments: